Do you require Energy statements and renewable energy statements for your development?
What Are Energy Statements?
You may or may not have heard of energy statements. But you may have heard of other names that they go by such as:
- Energy Assessment
- Renewable Energy Statement
- Energy Strategy report
- Renewable Energy Report
Energy Statements are reports that are submitted to your Local Authority that demonstrates how a development will meet local energy and sustainability policies.
These policies can vary depending on the Local Authority but can be a 10%, 20% reduction in CO2 emissions over and above the minimum standard of the Building Regulations.
In some instances, such as in the London plan, you may have to demonstrate a 35% reduction in CO2 emissions.
Typically, an energy statement will include:
- Baseline annual CO2 emissions and energy costs
- Fabric improvements above regulation standards
- HVAC improvements above building regulation standards
- Low and zero carbon feasibility report
- Renewable fesability report
- How the development will meet local energy plans and policies
What's The Process?
Firstly, we will review your plans and the local authority regulations to understand the regulations and efficiency targets.
We will then carry out SAP calculations on a sample of plot from your site.
Using this information we will then work out the best strategy to reach our CO2 target goals.